Conversion of Webinar into Interactive eLearning Courses using Articulate Storyline 360
CUSTOMER: CPR & First Aid Emergency Cardiovascular Care Provider
DOMAIN/INDUSTRY: Hospital & Health Care
TECHNOLOGY USED: Articulate Storyline 360
About The Client
The client is a leading organization in the field of cardiology in the United States.They are the leading providers of high-quality science-based, evidence-based, continuing medical education for healthcare professionals. They have a committed team with millions of volunteers and supporters who work relentlessly to fund innovative research, fight for better public health policies, and provide life saving tools and information to prevent and treat heart disease.
To promote effective cardiac care, the client creates and publishes guidelines for the benefit of medical practitioners. They also host expert-led webinars to educate healthcare professionals about these guidelines.
The existing training material for these guidelines was in the form of PPT with presenters’ voice-over. The training material’s primary goal was to help learners comprehend and apply the ACC/AHA Guidelines (2014) for the three phases of Non-ST Elevation-Acute Coronary Syndrome (NSTE-ACS) treatment, namely diagnosis, early hospital care, and late hospital care. The training materials were lengthy, not engaging enough and were difficult to use.
The client wanted to convert the existing training material into interactive and engaging modules for a wider outreach to healthcare professionals including doctors, clinicians, and scientists.
Harbinger proposed a web-based training solutionconsisting of well-structured training modules, organized into topics and subtopics. The process began with the analysis of the source webinar. Instructional Designers (ID) did a thorough analysis and formulated a design strategy to chunk the content and make it ordered and usable. They also created a course outline to give a structure to the course. A short prototype was created to demonstrate the design concept to the client and to illustrate the use of scenario-based quizzes and case studies. After building the prototype, the storyboarding process began. The following differentiating elements were added to make the learning more intuitive and engaging:
- The modules were enhanced with a range of media elements, including text, photos, graphics, icons, graphs, audio, and video.
- Interactivities were incorporated into the modules, interspersed with various relevant case studies and scenarios.
- The modules were audio-driven, with on-screen text and graphics. These elements worked as visual cues for the audio’s primary points.
- Non-linear navigation was added into the modules, allowing learners to adjust the sequence and pace.
The courseware’s elements were combined using Articulate Storyline 360 to create a full-fledged two-hour course.
The client was able to launch these courses to a sizeable target audience successfully.Some of the salient features of the solution include:
- 24*7 availability: Users can access the guidelines information anytime, anywhere, based on their need.
- Better resource management: Converting webinars to an eLearning module significantly reduces the time and cost of conducting live webinars.
- Improved user engagement and motivation: Interactive elements and voiceovers enhanced the learning experience and engagement.
- Self-paced and flexible modules: The solution is flexible in terms of delivery time and completion time. Users can take the session in parts or all at once, as per their convenience.
- Validation using questionnaires: Learning is verified through assessments, quizzes, and self-evaluations.
“We want to express our gratitude for team Harbinger’s efforts. The team deserves to be commended and congratulated on a job well done. We would certainly work with Harbinger again on future projects. We know that with the Harbinger team on board, not only will the project be of the highest quality, but there will be no challenge we cannot overcome to assure delivery on time.”
– Fred Porta, MBA, MSIS